1) How do I sign up for the workshop?
To reserve a spot in the workshops, you must first pay the registration fee. This payment guarantees you
a spot in class. After filling out the form on our site, you will receive an e-mail that tells you who to call and when to reserve by, or give us a call at 619-295-4999.
2) How do I pay for the workshop?
We take cash, check, and / or all major credit cards
3) I put in my $199 registration fee for a workshop, but now I can no longer take the workshop. Do I get my payment back?
Unfortunately no. The reason for this is that we take a limited number of students into workshop, and if a student cancels or does not show, we end up with an empty slot that would have been sold, resulting in a loss for the theatre. So please check your calendars to see if you can make it to all the workshops.
4) If I pay my payment and can't make it to the workshops, can I apply the payment to a future workshop?
Unfortunately, we cannot apply a deposit to another class.
5) How old must you be to take the NCT workshops?
You must be 18 years or older to participate. No exceptions.
6) My son / daughter is under the age limit but has many years of acting experience. Can you make the exception for my son / daughter to participate your workshop?
We are actually now happy to offer improv classes for teens ages 13-17. You can find out more information by clicking here. Additionally, we also have a summer improv comedy camp camp designed exclusively for teens. You can find out more information by clicking here
7) Who teaches the workshops?
The instructors for the workshops are the players who regularly perform at National Comedy Theatre. Each of them has years of experience with improv comedy and are waiting for you!
8) Who usually take the workshops?
For Level 1, we get all kinds of people! From aspiring actors who want to brush up on their improv skills to people in business who want to build up their confidence with their clients. We also get people who just want to learn for fun! People that take Level 2 and 3 are people who want to continue to learn about improv comedy. Some of the people that have taken the workshops are now our performers at National Comedy Theatre!
KIDS AND TEENS
Most of the kids and teens who sign up are looking for something fun and creative to do on a Saturday. We also get a variety of kids and teens who are inspiring improvisors as well as kids and teens who need to have more improv experience on their acting resumes. No previous experience is necessary
9) I have taken other improv workshops from another place. Can I skip Level 1 and go to Level 2?
You would be surprised how many people ask this question. While you may have previous experience, we ask that everyone start at level 1. We spend a lot of time in class working on our approach to improv, and while you may have had some experience with this, we want everyone in the group to be on the same page and speak the same language.
10) I want to sign up for the next round of workshops, however I will have to miss one day because of work/vacation, etc. Is it OK to miss one class, and can I make it up by sitting in on another day?
It is ok to miss one day of class, although we don't recommend it. Unfortunately, we do not allow people to make up a class by trying to attend the same level but on a different day. Our class size is limited so that everyone has a chance to participate in every session. Further, each class has their own dynamic and they thrive on a certain level of comfort. So please plan accordingly. If you know ahead that you will miss more than ONE class, we suggest that you wait until the next session.
11) How can I find out more information about upcoming workshops and if a class is going to sell out?
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will keep you informed about upcoming workshops and when a workshop is about to sell out. This is a good list to be on.
If you have any questions, please call us at 619.295.4999